Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a hard wired carrier infinity touch thermostat. It

Customer Question

I have a hard wired carrier infinity touch thermostat for AC only. It has been working fine for two years. I came home today and it's just off. There are no batteries, there is power to the ac unit, and the compressor has no obvious signs of an issue. In the inside it says Version 09 then 3213w000354 and ststxccitw01
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Check to see if float switch in the drain line is tripped. Possible plugged drain. If switch is tripped it will shut down power to thermostat. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Would that make the light at the bottom of the unit red? I am embarrassed to say I haven't seen it when it's running so I am not sure if the light is usually green, or blinking or whatever. Would the drain just get plugged from too much water in the condensate pan, so draining that and flipping the switch will work? Or would the plug be further into the system?
Drain it will start unit but you will need to clear drain also. Shop vac at termination of drain line will clear drain. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, awesome, this sounds doable. Will try it when I get home tonight. Thank you!

You are welcome. Have anymore problems get back with me. I will hold question open till this evening. Russ