airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I just replaced my old thermostat and I 't know if the red

Customer Question

I just replaced my old thermostat and I don't know if the red wire goes to rc or r because after installed the red wire to r terminal I only get fan not cool air
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.OK if you only had one R wire on old thermostat, it will go to R but we need to keep the factory jumper in place between R and Rc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are only 4 wires. I think I put the 3 wire in right terminal but I was not sure the red wire goes to r or rc I did put in r terminal. I got little cool air coming but not as strong as before.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
OK you should have a wire to W for heat, a wire to G for fan , a wire to Y for the AC and a wire to R with the factory jumper to RC