Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a question....when my husband changed the batteries

Customer Question

I have a question....when my husband changed the batteries to our Honeywell RTH230B thermostat it quit working. I have taken the batteries out and reinstalled them but that didn't help. Can you help us? It is 90 here and we have a toddler.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

If you have installed batteries correctly and thermostat does not show display. You have a bad thermostat. To get cooling until you get new thermostat. Take front off thermostat. Take the R,Y and g wires and twist them together and you will have cooling. This brings on fan and cooling. If cooling does not start when you twist wires together you have another problem. Remember this iOS only a temp repair but it will give you cooling. If it gets to cold take wires loose. Russ