airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Cant get my valve to open sv9501 got 24v to it and the

Customer Question

cant get my valve to open sv9501 got 24v to it and the igniter will warm up and glow but no gas
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.If you are getting 24v to valve but no gas, either you have a bad valve or improper gas pressure. You will need a manometer or a gas pressure tester to verify proper pressure to valve.If pressure is good, you have a bad valve. Do you have or can you aquire one or the other?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed a new valve from honeywell. I don't have a manometer
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Do you hear solenoid on the the valve click after igniter lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No clicking sound that I can hear
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
What is the model on the unit valve is installed on? It sounds like perhaps a limit or pressure switch may not be closing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number is ***** its a hotz preasure steam cleaner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also had the thermostat checked to make sure it was working and I also had the pressure switch checked to make sure its working they are both completing the loop and supplying the power of 24v to the Honeywell valve
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
OK I am not going to be familiar with the wiring on the steam cleaner.Not sure why this ended up in hvac.I am suspecting we are not getting the 24v to the proper terminals on valve since it is not clicking, but since I am not familiar with the unit I am going to open to other experts .
I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk.Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.