BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have had an ongoing issue with my outdoor unit which keeps

Customer Question

I have had an ongoing issue with my outdoor unit which keeps showing a P6 error code. The technician diagnosed the problem and ordered a new E-box from Klimaire and replaced it. The new E-box is still showing the error code P6 (Condenser high-temperature protection). The indoors units turn on but do not cool the house at all. I’ve only had the unit over a year and already spent $600 in parts and $300 in technician fees. Based on your trouble shooting manual there are two options to fix this issue 1) Replace the outdoor main board – which I have done OR 2) Replace the outdoor pipe temp sensor.
Can you advise what else I can do to get the unit fixed.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
I could not tell if you meant you HAD replaced the pipe thermister yet or not.
Did you do outdoor board and sensor?
Use reply please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The outdoor unit e-box has been replaced not the senor
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
For the ease of install and that it is in the series of potential failures I would replace the sensor. Locate terminal C11 on the board and follow to the sensor...see if connection is ok, wire ok..sensor in place...if it looks ok then replace.
These units are not supported well via the diagnostic...the codes are very vague on what all it can be related to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do i get a replacement sensor from? The klimaire company are useless and cant be contacted. Is there a generic make for the sensor ir does it need to be a spefic type only purchasable through Klimeair?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Their support is terrible, parts are terrible. They are becoming known as a disposable unit.
The link below is the best resource for the sensor. But call...do not order without checking if it is in stock or you will wait 3-4 months
http://www.airconditionerinstall.net/-Parts__amp;_Accessories/cat1160290_2462196.aspx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These guys don't list tempreture sensor. Any other ideas?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Did you call to check?...many parts are not on the website but they can tell you if and when they can obtain it.