Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

My ac isn't heating the upstairs. Main level is nice and

Customer Question

My ac isn't heating the upstairs. Main level is nice and cool but the upstairs is unbearable. Check for leaks. None found. What can I do?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your cooling. Diagnosing this is going to be tough over the internet, but there are some suggestions I can make. Is the furnace filter clean? Airflow from the registers upstairs good? Do you have a zone system or just one thermostat in the house?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Filter is good. One thermostat and air flow upstairs is weak
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

How about air flow down stairs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Airflow is perfect on the main level. Downstairs is fine too
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

How old is your AC system? In other words, how long has the old A-coil been in there?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.