Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Lately Carriers been having problems with the txv kit.

Customer Question

lately Carriers been having problems with the txv kit. We've replaced 3 and found out their suppose to give us freoll ice, which is their brand of re-new. Any ways I know it's Copeland compressor it has a rust inhibitor that's causing gunk to build
up on the expansion valve. We've exercised the valve, put the freoll ice in it and still no luck. So my question is is carrier not required to reinburst for the labor of replacing the kits as well as furnishing the freoll ice? And why did it not fix the problem
after we injected it into the line set? We basically had to swap the coil to a piston coil to solve the problem
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
are referring to Zerol? And how old is install? And what driers are using?
use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
zerol, it's less than a year and the driers are ffrom the carrier condensing unit
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...
after the first or second txv...was the oil changed or driers replaced along with a cleanup?
Is the same oil in the compressor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we pump down the 410 Ato thE compressorI don't think we replace with virgin 410 A and I'm not too sure about replacing the drIer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually we did replace the drier because we put another Carrier coil in and then the same happened what we put in the Goodman coil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant then we put in the Goodman coil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's just pistons, but people could get mad because they paid for carrier we were just at a wits end