Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I've got Baxi Luna 3 boiler installed 3 years ago.it 's

Customer Question

Hi,my name is ***** ***** Baxi Luna 3 boiler installed 3 years ago.it 's working fine, but occasionally 25e code comes on. Haw to reset it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello Youri,

To reset the code, turn the power off to the boiler, wait 5 minutes then turn the power back on.

Meantime tell me if there is a sticker on the boiler that tells you what the 25e code indicates.

You could be having a problem with water scale build up in the boiler, and it might need cleaning with white vinegar solution....

If you can use the paper clip icon above to send me a few photo's of the piping connected to the bottom of the boiler, ideally taken from a low angle so that I can see where each pipe connects, that will help.

Take the pictures from 5 or 6 feet away and provide some strong lighting. such as a lamp or drop light, so that I can see if the installer had fit acid flush valves or not.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I was advised to switch off power to the boiler for 5 min, it worked,code disappear , but today 25E came up again.What should I do now? Thank you, Youri.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
This should be the service manual for your boiler. see page 19, 25e error code = maximum boiler temperature exceeded.
http://www.elitagas.co.il/image.ashx?i=769034.pdf
http://screencast.com/t/iBTWMesyeL2P
Shows location of high temperature sensor. copy/paste each of the above links to your browser in order to see them.
I need photo's of the piping under the boiler so I can see if acid flush valves were ever installed.