Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a reem rcba 3765gg17...neither the heat or cool

Customer Question

hello...i have a reem rcba 3765gg17...neither the heat or cool will come on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Set the thermostat fan switch to fan ON, if the fan comes on we know we have power to the furnace, if not you will need a multi meter to check voltage and to do some checks on the printed circuit board.
Tell me a lot about your technical skills sets so that I can coach you most effectively.
We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have done all that
I checked the power to the thermostat...good
new thermostat installed...
heater will not turn on nor a/c...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the thermostat fan has never come on when set to on even when it worked, so that is not a good check
i used a meter to check power...seems ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my thermostat was blank..no temperature showed up, so i replaced it..that did not help either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this site is not helpful. I will be requesting a full refund or canceling my charges with my bank
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.If you can send me a clear, well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the blower cover door on your furnace or air handler, and a photo of the printed circuit card that shows where the thermostat wires connect I can help you by marking it up with trouble shooting instructions.Use the paper clip icon above to attach those. Tell me please if the outside unit runs in the winter for heating as well as in the summer for cooling or not. You will need a multi meter to perform some voltage tests Note: The *only reason I asked to try the fan ON setting is to verify if there was 24 volts to the thermostat or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am NOT SATISFIED
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
You have most likely made a wiring error when connecting the new thermostat, or, failed to turn off power to the furnace when you replaced the thermostat, and blown a fuse on the printed circuit card. I stand ready to lend my 51 years experience to coach you in sorting that out. .