Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am having the same issue with a goodmsn ARUF3642216AB, where the thermostat will not swi

Customer Question

I am having the same issue with a goodmsn ARUF3642216AB, where the thermostat will not switch to system on. I have checked the drain which is working properly. I checked the breakers for both the blower and outdoor unit.
Earlier today the thermostat did change from cool to EM heat without being changed.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your system. So in cooling, the outside unit is not coming on, correct?