Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

I have a Frigidaire free standing 30 inch LP gas range, purchased

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire free standing 30 inch LP gas range, purchased 2/17/05 at Lowes, the oven has started to make a blowing noise like a blow torch, after about 45 minutes in use, I have to turn it off, and wait a few minutes, then turn it back on, it usually works ok for a little while before making the blow torch noise again. When the oven is making the blow torch noise, the flame is yellow instead of blue and a strong gas smell emits from the oven.
What could be happening?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.
I will have your answer in one moment
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.
First of all do not use the oven until this problem has been solved. It sounds like you have a pinhole in the gas line or a loose fitting. Gas leaks out of the fitting until the flame ignites it, that's what is making the roaring sound.
When you do not hear the sound that is the gas is not ignited yet. This flame could be outside a protected area and cause a fire.
Unless you are familiar with replacing the internal gas lines in the stove
You should call a professional.
I must repeat do not use the oven until this is corrected.
It may be best not to use the appliance at all.
Especially if you smell a gas odor.
I will be glad to answer any questions you may have Customer