Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Brass tubing getting hot when in ac mode and no longer puts

Customer Question

brass tubing getting hot when in ac mode and no longer puts out cold air
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.PLease provide model on unit and explain what is happening.Where is the brass tubing you are referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the small brass tubing that the refrigerant runs though to the coils im guessing. Dont have a model number I'm at work. Its a train heat pump. In ac mode everything runs fine but it puts out mild air and the tubing gets really hot
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
OK the tubing is most likely copper if it is running between the units.Troubleshooting this will require some back and forth question and answers and possibly a set of refrigerant gauges a a volt meter. If you have or can obtain these tools,we should be able to diagnose what is going on.Without the gauges and meter, we will do a lot of guessing.Let me know and when you will be onsite to troubleshoot the unit.