Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Size of hrv required 10,000sqft building

Customer Question

size of hrv required for a 10,000sqft building
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.You would need two units as around 500 CFM is needed for this size building. As far as I'm aware, the largest size produces around 268 CFM. See here.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
This is a great calculator for sizing an HRV Although this is designed more for homes, it will get you within the ballpark. In a building this size, you may want to consider going with a commercial HRV. Fantech makes many models. See here
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Did you have additional questions on this?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
If you did not have any additional questions, please rate my service as this is how experts get paid. Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Thank you.