airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

The screens on my carrier aircon went blank. the main fuse,

Customer Question

the screens on my carrier aircon went blank. the main fuse, and the independent fuse that leads into the unit are all "On". I reset them to double check. I took the metal cover off to see if there was a fuse inside. Nothing except 2 different electrical devices with the wires connecting to them
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks, if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter , there are a limited number of things we can check if you are able to do a visual inspection and can do some hands on troubleshooting.Please let me know and we can go from here.PLease provide model on furnace or air handler and thermostat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will buy a multimeter this afternoon. The Model Number is ***** 24ABA360A310.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
THis is model on outdoor unit. Indoor will probably be something like FE4C or similar. First thing we will do is check between R and C terminal at thermostat for 24v ac.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The R terminal is a red wire, what color is the C terminal?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Normally C from the air handler is blue, but you will need to verify as installer may have used different color field wires.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I am at work right now. I will buy a multimeter when i get home, and check the voltages.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
WE will go from here. Look forward to working with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Likewise.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Talk to you then