airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I HAVE A HONEYWELL T8401C1031 THERMOSTAT. While relocating

Customer Question

i HAVE A HONEYWELL T8401C1031 THERMOSTAT. While relocating it with the air conditioner circuit breakers switched off, the wires still shorted (small spark). Now there is no display and it will jot work. What could be wrong. I think the thermostat is fine but since the wires got shorted something at the evaporator/ cooling end might have gone wrong. Is there a fuse or circit breaker I can change/ reset in the basement?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Lets start by looking in the indoor furnace or air handler for a small auto type 3 or 5 amp fuse on control board.
http://i.imgur.com/90juVsc.png
http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Tim. I just went down to the crawl space and it is a CARRIER unit. I opened the front cover and see that the thermostat wire is going to a panel which is kind of closed and there is a red light I can see in a small window there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw a small ON/Off switch inside the unit which I toggled a couple of times but still nothing.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
You may have to remove the panel covering the control board to locate the fuse. Can you look above burners on label inside and give me nodel on furnace? It will be something like 58MXA---
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going back down again. Will tke me a few minutes
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Standing by
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That did it.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings now. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.