Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My central air conditioning is not working, checked circuit

Customer Question

My central air conditioning is not working, checked circuit breakers, changed batteries in my Honeywell thermostat, outside compressor does not turn on nor does the fan
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.Are you requesting a phone call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not receive a call, my av compressor is not coming on, nor is my fan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can call my phone,(###) ###-####
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Is this on a AV? Also in order to receive a phone call, you must accept offer submitted. But I don't typically answer questions on AV's.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Central air
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not going to pay additional for the call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My compressor is not turning on, nor is the fan on the furnace. I changed the batteries in my Honeywell Thermostat, checked the circuit breakers, inside and outside (actually a plug out side on the box that pulls out)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is NOT on and AV, sorry, I meant AC compressor
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you still need help with this.Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks, if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter , there are a limited number of things we can check if you are able to do a visual inspection and can do some hands on troubleshooting.Please let me know and we can go from here.