BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Blower not coming on. Changed motor condenser and conttol

Customer Question

Blower not coming on. Changed motor condenser and conttol board
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Can you be more specific?What is complete model on the unit and is this indoor or outdoor fan?Also let me know if you have a volt meter for troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not have volt meter, indoor blower. Ran slow before shutting down , with hum It had been running slow for a few days prior, there was a lot of condensation on plenum. When she showed me, daughters house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model txa025c4hpb. TT025c100A
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
OK I was a bit confused since you mentioned the condenser (which is the outdoor unit).WE really need a meter that reads voltage and capacitance to tell for sure, but most likley is a bad fan capacitor or a bad motor.You can pick up a meter at Lowes or similar for about 30 bucks if you want to troubleshoot. Otherwise I would start with replacing capacitor as it is less than 10 bucks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant capacitor not condenser. Changed motor cap and control board. It blinkssteady but blower dosent kick on
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
WE will need a volt meter to make sure that board is sending voltage to motor to know for sure, but with a new board and a new cap, I suspect issue id the motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i thought bad motor right away heard it making alot of noise in the night by morning it had stop and just hummed. I replaced all that Inmentioned last be control and still doing same
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I don't like to condemn parts without troubleshooting, but like I say since you have a new board and cap, that is my suspicion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Motor is new too Thats why I thought board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New motor was 4 wire without White He told me was for speed contol. Or am I missing a nuetral?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
The fan motor can have anywhere between 3 and five wires, but you only use one common and one or two of the speed wires.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So it gets power from capacitor to run?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
THe motor actually gets power from the control board.That is why we need the meter to see if board is sending power to motor.The cap is just an assist .The cap is there to energize the second-phase winding (auxiliary coil) to create a rotating magnetic field while the motor is running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the fan yo run but it shutd off after a fee seconds. Is ghere a limit
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
The only limit should be in heat mode with burners on. Feel of the motor and see if it feels hot to touch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not hot only runs for a second and shuts down
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I would want to get a volt meter and verify if the voltage is dropping out.I am going to open to other experts who may have ideas without a meter that you might check.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk.Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
what color did you use for neutral?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yellow
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
if new motor was a 4 wire...then how could you have capacitor in the indoor blower motor?
there is a heat speed a cool speed and a neutral...so how did you do cap?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wired ghe blower direct with a plug so it will blow tonight and tomorrow, i will try again tomorrow
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
ok....on board..black to COOL/Hi...red to HEAT/Lo
Yellow to CIR N
But then if you have a cap you are short a wire if you only have 4.
I wish you luck and let us know what you find