Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My grandson has turned the switch off that is on the outside

Customer Question

My grandson has turned the switch off that is on the outside of our Lennox G2603 furnace. When I try to turn the switch on, the fan motor runs very briefly & then turns off? And our thermostat is now off, also?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, So far it sounds like a breaker type switch, with a 15 or 20 stamped on the switch, that has a bad wire connection to it that is over heating, or the breaker itself is going bad. Tell me a lot about your technical skill sets please, so i can coach you on this most appropriately. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have little mechanical skills. There are no numbers on side of switch...it's just a plain brown switch on a regular switch box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The thermostat upstairs went dark as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the thermostat is back on
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Lets watch it for a while, tell me if the system works in both heating and cooling modes or not. We can go from there.