BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Which is the model XC25 Lennox air conditioner?

Customer Question

which is the model for the XC25 Lennox air conditioner?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ready to purchase an XC25 lennox air conditioner but do not know what is the model for the evaporator coil that matches it. do not need a furnace since we live in a very hot area where heating is not needed.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hell,
this covers all material for matching - copy and paste that big link below and let us know if it helps.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CD8QFjAFahUKEwiaq4y6s_nGAhVDLIgKHdT6ADo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhvac-talk.com%2Fvbb%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D411011%26d%3D1375589142&ei=pyO1Vdo7w9igBNT1g9AD&usg=AFQjCNEGNkzN2flJ0I__w8TFMIyYHaRulg&sig2=gR3NR90lTnNpj1ggCfhSxA&bvm=bv.98717601,d.cGU&cad=rja
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still a bit confused. As far as I can tell from the information on the link received, for condensing/compressor unit model XC25-060, if I do not need a furnace, that is, if I do not need heat at all, the correct match would be a CBX40UHV-060 air handler?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
you are correct....but if you only need the ac coil you can also get that BUT,,,,the top efficiency then drops and becomes a regular ac unit...the cbx is special fan made for the XC25.
You can use any standard air handler but it defeats the purpose of the xe.