Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

White Rodgers 1F80-224 thermostat to Honeywell RTH9580 WF No

Customer Question

White Rodgers 1F80-224 thermostat to Honeywell RTH9580 WF No C wire. Now what???
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My White Rodgers thermostat is a four wire unit. Has W, Y, G, and RC with a jumper from the RC to RH wires. From my A/C unit the color of the wires are as follows: blue wire connected to the yellow (Y at the thermotat), green wire connected to blue (G at thermostat), white to white (W at thermostat), red to red (RC with jumper to RH at thermostat).
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.
You only have a five wire cable going to thermostat. Is it possible to run a new wire cable from furnace to thermostat. You will need at lest a six wire cable or just run and extra wire from C on furnace to C on thermostat. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is only four wires coming from furnace. The fifth wire at the thermostat is a jumper. The photo is my furnace and the old thermostat. The new thermostat requires a C wire for power to operate.