airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

How do I drain my drain pan on my Lennox?

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Is water leaking out the bottom of the unit? condensation on the condensate drain line is normal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My a/c stopped blowing cold air.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured since the safe t switch was wet, that I might need to drain the condensation. However, when I went outside nothing was dripping and I did not hear the unit outside.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do. If your problem is a stopped up drain,the outdoor unit should come on when you lift the safety switch out of the drain.If it does, use an air tank or go to Lowes or similar and purchase a gallo gin drain cleaner to blow it out.See link below:
http://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-GG-1-Charles-Gallo-Condensate/dp/B00207UAU6
If outdoor does not come on when you lift the float out of drain, we have a different issue and will go from here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took safe t switch out and unit came on inside the house. The unit outside is buzzing but fan is not turning. It buzzes thengoess silent. Buzzes then goes silent.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
You may have more than one issue .Do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting? I would get the drain blow out using an air compressor or galo gun mentioned and we will go from there.