Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a rooftop AC unit Model #585HJW03060ABAF. Name plate

Customer Question

I have a rooftop AC unit Model #585HJW03060ABAF. Name plate says BDP Company Division of Carrier Corporation. Recently had Run Capacitor replaced and I think I was over-charged (based on internet search) - but problem was diagnosed quickly and fixed fast. I want to be able to do simple maintenance on this unit ... like change out Contactor; and troubleshooting. I need help finding a maintenance manual AND parts list for my AC unit. Can someone help me out?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,
look at the link below...is this your unit?
http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1009/Public/0E/40585DP33-B.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay, I was looking over the manual.
Yes, I can tell this doc includes my AC unit and seems to provide a fairly decent level of detail in some areas (like installations).
It seems to do a better job on troubleshooting heating issues; and not so detailed info on cooling - and I was hoping for more electrical troubleshooting guidance. For instance, how to determine proper voltage readings on the various capacitors, or the contactor.
Also did not find a parts list ... I know this doc covers many models - so maybe the parts list I hope to find is a separate document.
This manual also refers to an Owner's Manual ... does one of those still around?
Feedback?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure how we proceed; or if you got my last message wrt the linked manual.
I thought we were to communicate via email so I don't have to keep this webpage open to continue our exchange.
Going off line now; Prefer email. Thanks
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a serial number?
The age of the unit can help or hinder the support documents.