Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Luxaire heat pump, model eabd-f036sa that ran on R22.

Customer Question

I have a Luxaire heat pump, model eabd-f036sa that ran on R22. Can I change to another freon?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, You can to a replacement refrigerant R-22a. Its much cheaper, and works a little better than R-22, it is also listed by ASHRAE as R 290. It is propane with a little n-butane added... it is widely used all over the world. It is flammable, but refrigerant leaks are most generally just traces, it has not been an actual fire hazard and is approved for use in the US, Canada and Australlia and virtually all of the EU. .............We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
I big relief for me.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome,
Please do not forget to rate, the company does not pay me unless you rate, it is how I earn a living, and it does not affect your charges.
Thanks!