Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Honeywell thermostat. The air conditioner fan is

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell thermostat. The air conditioner fan is blowing, but the air is not cold. If you physically pull the thermostat out of the wall then replace it, the air blows cold again. I replaced with the same thermostat, but I have the same problem.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is an intermittent problem. The air conditioner works fine, but then it just stops blowing cold air. It's blowing air, but not cold air. Pull the thermostat out of the wall and then put it back in again - works fine again. I really just thought it was a bad thermostat, but I replaced the thermostat with the same model (not high end and purchased at the Home Depot). Still have the same problem.
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.
What is make of the Air Conditioning equipment. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goodman
To double check to see if it is thermostat. Pull thermostat off wall and twist Red Yellow and green together. If it is a heat pump also twist orange or what ever color is used for O. This brings on cooling and bypasses thermostat. Russ