Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have a goodman cacf036a2b system. the 24 volt supply to the

Customer Question

I have a goodman cacf036a2b system. the 24 volt supply to the contactor is 0 voltage. Where is the actual transformer that sends the 24 VAC?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! The part number you provided is for a cased evaporator coil. These usually sit atop a gas or oil furnace. If the contactor in your outdoor ac unit is not getting 24 volts, it could be one of many things e.g. drain overflow switch, thermostat, chewed low voltage wire, low voltage fuse, etc... The transformer in a system with a furnace, an a-coil above and an ac unit outside is located in the furnace. If you can remove the blower panel (lower panel on an upflow furnace) the model number for the furnace should be inside on the side of the furnace cabinet. I can give you much better info with make and model number of furnace. Thanks,Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok hold on... I'l get the info inside the blower panel
Also, do have a volt meter or multimeter and knowledge of its use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a fluke.... this is going to have to wait until later. I am having work done on my house to sell it and the painters are right by the main indoor unit .
Very good then, I'm usually online until about midnight EDT (give or take). Just post back when you're ready to troubleshoot. Thanks,Brian