Michael Dean
Michael Dean, Construction Worker
Experience:  Electrician
77095560

Soleus portable evaporative ac unit, model number gl-pac-08e4.

Customer Question

Condensate drain/dehumidifier is advertised as 38 pints, but when I drain it, im lucky if I get 2-3 pints of water out of it. it seems to drain fully, but doesn't have much capacity. With the air on on a humid day, it will fill up in 4-6 hours of continuous use. Short of running a hose outside and leaving the drain open all the time, is there something I can do to make sure it is operating as it should? I have tried blowing air into the drain after it stops draining to make sure the drain isn't clogged, and I can blow through it and don't hear bubbles. Any help would be appreciated. I did try Soleus' website for troubleshooting, but it doesn't address this problem. Thanks!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello, the rating is based on continuous use for a day. The 38 pint rating is what the unit could do if allowed to run all day. Like if a drain hose were attached instead of using bucket.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ive read some different capacities of the internal tank but have heard nothing less than 1.5 liters..i am getting roughly 8-12 oz..thanks for the info on the rating though that does clear up some confusion but shouldnt i be able to drain more water than that? Have to empty it twice a day on a humid day

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
has it been this way since new...or is it new? Have the coils been cleaned and filter kept clean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bought it used 2 yrs ago but seems i have to empty it more frequently as time goes on..id like to take it apart to see if the float on the level sensor is not in its proper place..ive cleaned the coils and filters with compressed air a few times a year

Expert:  Michael Dean replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I would like to see if this was resolved. If everything is clear (drain, filters, etc) I would most certainly say that the float is out of adjustment and might need to be looked at. Please let me know how that looks? Pull the bucket and test the float to see what it does.