airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a heil nugk075dg07. The fan speed doesn't

Customer Question

Hi, I have a heil nugk075dg07. The fan speed for AC doesn't seem fast enough. The cool speed was wired to black(high) and I didn't think it is moving enough air. I switched the wires to orange for low speed and I didn't notice a change in the airflow or blower speed. Could I have a thermostat that isn't connected properly thst would cause the fan speed not to change?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I test that. I have a meter. If necessary I can purchase a clamp on meter
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Thermostat will not affect the fan speed.You may have a dirty blower wheel or dirt ac coil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned the A coil already. Should I notice a speed change/airflow change when I connect the orange wire from for low speed to the cool? I also connected the blue wire to cool and I never noticed a change.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also looked at the blower wheel with a mirror and flashlight and it didn't seem real dirty.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
The speed difference may not be that noticable, but it should change slightly. If you can get an amp meter and see if amp draws is changing slihghtly would let you lnow for sure .