Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Why is the remote saying system on +2 on my amana wall thermostat

Customer Question

why is the remote saying system on +2 on my amana wall thermostat when I have ONE of the 3 zones OFF?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I need a full description of the Amana system, and model number of the zone controller to answer your question. Preliminarily I can say that no thermostat ever made is 100% accurate, in this business they can typically be 2 degrees off... this can lead to such readings as you are getting. Tell me if the system is functioning well to control temperature or not. Get me all of that data, we can go from there.---------
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the exact type (model number) I KNOW the AC Unit is working fine, the zones are working, they are green on the control model, I uploaded a picture of the screen and the actual device itself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually found the model's, they are Pro 8000's. There are (3) of them.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Here is the full manualhttps://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/68-0000s/68-0280.pdf The +2 means that one of the zones has warmed beyond 2 degrees of its setting, if you have one of the zones off that would be entirely expected.--------We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.