BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I also have a 5 error code. Do you have a similar

Customer Question

I also have a 5 error code. Do you have a similar manual for LG LS180HSV4? It seems to be different than the one in the link you posted. The unit is only a month old. I can't believe it would be a bad wire. I used heavier gauge than what was called for. But I will run a new com wire just to check first. Thanks
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The service manual link that I saw on the answer to a similar question had very specific troubleshooting steps. But it was for a unit that looked to be older and the terminal block was not the same.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
What error code are you getting and what is the operational efect? use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Indoor unit shut down sometime during the night and LED light is blinking 5 times. Error code 5 appears to be a communication problem between indoor and outdoor units.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...90% of the time the issue is with the outside board. Have you checked power to the outdoor unit? Check outdoor board for any burn marks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** need a service manual with a troubleshooting flow chart