Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have error 41 on carrier system, blower does not move, can

Customer Question

I have error 41 on carrier system, blower does not move, can spin it with my hand and its not hitting anything, wiring looks intact what is most likely cause?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
The 41 Error code is as you probably already know a blower motor fault code.THis can be a number of things.Most often a control board issue or a control module (bell controller) on end of motor.If you have a volt meter that reads AC and DC volts, we can troubleshoot to determine cause.I can send you a link to the troubleshooting guide .This is a step by step process which will take some time.For an additional service fee.I will dedicate my time directly to you and walk you through the trouble shooting process step by step if you have the meter.Let me know and we can go from here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have that troubleshooting procedure and I do measure 115V at the black/white motor wires, and I also measure 12VDC on the Red/Green wires on the connectors that are attached to the motor. What is confusing is that on the next step of the procedure it has me check the serial input signal, I disconnect PL3 and put a meter across pins 2/3 and get 12VDC not 5VDC which they indicate, could that be a typo? or is a 12VDC signal an indication that the control board is bad?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Based on manual it sounds like the board is bad, WE should not read more or less than .02vdc from that 5dc volts