Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Lennox 12HPB36-2P unit. Temp inside 77; set on 72.

Customer Question

I have a Lennox 12HPB36-2P unit. Temp inside 77; set on 72. Outside unit runs but fan NOT turning. I've tirned OFF & breaker off now. Is there anything j can do TONITE to fix?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,If the fan outside is not turning, the fan motor is either bad, or the fan run capacitor is bad, in either case you will need a part that is not available at night. If the fan blade spins easily by hand, it might just be a bad fan capacitor... if the fan blades do not spin easily and coast slightly then the motor bearings are bad in the fan motor and it will have to be replaced. Your local Lennox dealer will have the parts.Look that over, post back and I will pick your response up at 6 am and coach you from there. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NEVERMIND! I have the problem solved!!
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Good work! .