Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Mark, I am Gary. my a/c had problem two years ago. I replaced capac

Customer Question

Hi Mark, I am Gary. my a/c had problem two years ago. I replaced capacitor and it was working last two years. But it stopped working a few days ago. I replaced capacity now but still not working.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your AC unit. Could you be a bit more specific? When you say it's not working, do you mean just the outdoor fan? Or entire outdoor unit? You should hear a distinct "click" right near the unit when someone turns on AC inside. What have you checked thus far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim, thank you for your effort trying to help me. However I have fixed my problem by replacing the contactor which I found the answer from one of video in Youtube. I no longer need answer from you. Thank you anyway.Gary
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, well glad you got it fixed