Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

How do i obtain a replacement manual RTG-74XN-2 water

Customer Question

how do i obtain a replacement manual for Rheem RTG-74XN-2 water heater, tankless?
Why won't the water remain hot for than a few minutes?
Do I need to change any parts? Who repairs these devices? Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Here is the manualhttp://hometips.me/Tls/Rheem-RTG74IndoorOutdoor_owners.pdf
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
About the only thing you can do is to check/ the filter on the cold water inlet at the unit. Something else to consider is the water temp setting. If the water tamp is set too high you may be mixing too much cold water with the hot in the shower to get the temp comfortable. This can reduce the flow below the point where it will activate the burner. That and a dirty filter are the most common causes for this problem. If that doesn't solve it then you need to call a plumber who is familiar with Rheem tankless heaters to look into this further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try to print this manual. Thx for the assistance. I hope water filter access isn't too difficult
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
It's pretty easy actually. You just turn the water off to the unit and unscrew the "cap" on the side of the fitting at the bottom of the unit. I'd appreciate a favorable rating. The thread won't go away and I'll answer related follow up questions even after you rate me favorably