Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I just replaced the condensation pump and served the furnace

Customer Question

I just replaced the condensation pump and served the furnace and ac unit. I want to make sure I have the wires spliced back together properly before I turn it on. Need a bit og guidance please
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the wires from condensate pump(low voltage)? If so all we want to do is break the Y wire going to outdoor unit.So one side of pump will go to Y from thermostat and the other side will go to outdoor unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's not what I'm asking. I have an older Trane gas furnace and AC unit that run off the same blower. While replacing the pump and cleaning some of the spliced wires came loose. I believe they were all spliced together I'd like to know if that is the appropriate way and if so do I include the hot and nutural from each or just one and do I need to include the ground. I know this wasn't done correctly from the start. I apologize for not making my question clear. I can send a pic of you need. Thanks.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
A picture may be of some help if you can send.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please feel free to call me. I'm in TN and it's about 90 inside with unbelievable humidity. I'm sure you feel my pain. LOL Thanks
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
THis may take some time to figure out.I am about to leave office for the evening so I am going to opt out so other experts may assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay if someone else could call I can explain it better. Have a nice evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.