Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Low side 55 psi high side 250---300 fluctuating low side temp

Customer Question

low side 55 psi high side 250---300 fluctuating low side temp 54 cleaned coil blower .need your help.Not cooling good
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I need to know in full detail where and how you measured the low side temperature and what instrument you used. I also need to know the outside air temperature. and... how old the system is, and if there are furry pets in the house, Feel inside the blower with the air handler turned off, for a build up of dirt in the vanes of the blower wheel.I need to know if there is R-22 or R-410a refrigerant in the system. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
condesor suction side temp 55 2 ton new condenser R22 coil piston 49deg clean out side tep 90f coil is 12 years old no pets fan we cleaned already.new air filter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$18.00 will be additional to call?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,A phone call is optional, in this case we don't need a phone call to get the situation with the system you have resolved. If the blower was full of dirt thicker than 1/16" inside the vanes then the cooling coil at age 12 would be clogged with dirt enough to produce the low suction pressure you have. Is the 49 degree F the temperature of the air coming from the cold air supply registers? I need to know that detail and what was used to take the temperature (the new electronic laser thermometers can be quite inaccurate at times, depending on how they are used.) We can go from there. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
49 is the size of piston coil temp is 55 at condenser suction fan inside is clean
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,Suction line temperature if the house is not over 75F inside should be between 41 and 45F... it is absolutely crucial that I know the inside temperature... you have not given that to me yet, and it is crucial that you measure the temperature coming from the cold air registers. You are giving me other data but not the data I need to help you. If you can give me the data I need, we can go from there...or I can opt out so other of our experts here can try to help you.