Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I HAVE A FEDDERS Air conditioner i want to know if i have it

Customer Question

I HAVE A FEDDERS Air conditioner i want to know if i have it on 66 will that give the coolest temperture
also how do i clean the coil to get Maximum cooling power?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Setting the thermostat below 70F will not allow it to produce colder air, it is an on and off control. So the compressor is running or not running, and when its running it is producing air as cold as it is capable of. If you set the thermostat to 66F and let it run at night it could form a sheet of ice on the cooling coil. The cooling coil needs cleaning after 5 years or longer, or if it has been run without the air filter in place. Here is a video on how to do that.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th0IEZ3fg7g......... We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.