BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

My Ac unit says system malfunction

Customer Question

My Ac unit says system malfunction
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me when it is running...does the outdoor fan run the entire time before it faults with message?
Use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it's running and on the outdoor fan is running and air is coming through. Once the message comes on screen of thermostat then I check outdoor fan and its not working. Then I reset it and it all starts over again. I did it last night and it's still working today. I'm thinking because it was super hot yesterday maybe that had something to do with it. But it still should not happen.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
I have seen this more in extreme temps lately and it is because of high head pressure.....use a water hose and wash the fins in a top to bottom pattern.
You cannot see it because it is in between the fins but we want to flush the coil.
If the unit faults again after tat we may have ahead pressure sensor out of calibration.
You will notice it is likely above 90 when this happens and coil is not clrean.