airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Armstrong enhanced 95v furnace and the blower doesn't turn on the Freon can

Customer Question

I have a Armstrong enhanced 95v furnace and the blower doesn't turn on the Freon can be heard in the a coil with air on the burners lite for a couple seconds then turn off draft motor turns on with heat white Roger box red light turns on in the beginning and then shuts off not sure if that's a flash or just saying it's working doesn't flash after first one.took and stuck fish tape in intake to make sure no animals made a nest in it doubt it's a obstruction in ducts since front by a coil is off as well as front by understand one by motor
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.First give me model on furnace.Model listed is for the evaporator coil. Next,Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks, if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter , there are a limited number of things we can check if you are able to do a visual inspection and can do some hands on troubleshooting.Please let me know and we can go from here.
THe most three common causes for the issue are a bad control board not sending power to motor, bad fan capacitor or bad motor.WE will need the meter to determine which is the issue.