Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Ac is not blowing cold in RV. Coleman mack. Compressor not

Customer Question

Ac is not blowing cold in RV. Coleman mack. Compressor not coming on. Any suggestion other than buy a new one
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Locate the thermostat, it is directly behind the thermostats temperature control knob in most cases... if you find that, turn the power off, remove the two wires attached to it and connect them together with a heavy alligator clip or some such item.
If the compressor runs, replace the thermostat.
Beyond that level diagnosis is more difficult. Tell about how old the unit is, and a bit about your technical skill levels, we can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see thermostat. Trying to get cover off
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Is there a temperature control knob that you use to set the temperature, or a push button pad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but I found thermostat. It has three wire. It is a turn switch and all together
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry 4 wires. Two white a yellow and blue. Blue goes to plug not connected to anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a Coleman Mack RV roof mounted unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Houston we have a problem
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I am here, but I cannot stand by, I have to answer an ongoing stream of questions and do research etc, and of course type my responses.Next locate the wiring diagram for the unit that shows that switch and I will mark the diagram up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the paper clip icon at top right to attach the picture. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using old I pad. Not able to do that but I did find schematic and jumped the blue and white wires going to compressor. Is the two capacitors in the compressor serviceable. We have 119 going to them and compressor is still no kicking in
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, without a wiring diagram my hands are tied. I will opt out and hope someone else here will be able to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again