Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Help! We have a huge Amana hvac 5 to 7 years old. I can't

Customer Question

Help! We have a huge Amana hvac 5 to 7 years old. I can't find a model #. The ""cool" has stopped working. My husband is away. My daughter and I started dinking around. The inside unit is fine, the filter good, and the fan is blowing out sorta cool air.
The outside unit is another story. Noisy, but the fan isn't moving. We tried flipping the switch. The annoying noise continued to annoy. It's a little black box (2x3, 3x4) runs whether the switch is on or off. The fan, however, refuses to spin. It does go around smoothly tho
After three days of cloudy rainy weather the sun is shining brightly. This is Florida. So surprise, surprise I'm going to be getting cranky.
ps. The company that installed/maintains the unit is Air Rescue. They say the warranty is blown if we use another company. True?
Thanks . Vicky
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, if the service company's contract says that you must use them, then you must unless you want to blow their warranty. Tell me why they have not come out to fix your unit, what they say in great detail, so that I can assess the situation for you. This is nothing that you will be able to correct yourself. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't called them because I was hoping it was something I could fix. Their servicemen are snotty and expensive, particularly on the weekends. I will call them tomorrow and get back to you.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it goes, and tell me exactly what they say verbatim so that I can assess their competence for you. Is the owner of the service company aware of that sort of behavior? We can go from there.