Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Our air-conditioning is out. It was running fine earlier tonight but must have stopped. Wh

Customer Question

Our air-conditioning is out. It was running fine earlier tonight but must have stopped. When new tried to reset the thermostat, it said "Wait" for about 3 minutes and then said "Cool on" but nothing is going.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Do far it sounds like a bad printed circuit card, but we need to do some tests to confirm it. There can be several other causes as well. Tell me a lot about your technical skills background and what instruments you have on hand if any, I can coach you most appropriately from there. If none of this is in your bag of tricks, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will see if i can find a well rated HVAC service company or two in your area. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called a emergency number and the person suggested that the switch was off on the furnace unit. It was. As soon as I threw the switch on the AC came back on. I must have hit the switch off when I installed a new filter earlier tonight. Problem solved.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Good work!