How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 7577
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My York air conditioner split type timer light continues to

Customer Question

My York air conditioner split type timer light continues to indicate while the air conditioner is one this has cause the air conditioner not to cool even though it is on and working, the regular green light would not come on, I have tried removing batteries from the remote, put it back and then I have tried turning off the airconditioner for hours and then back on still same problems. I will like some kind of advice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information,Next I need to know if the unit that sits outside is on and running or not. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have about 5 splits in the house and they seem to be connected to 2 unit that sits outside, I believe they are both on and running but the unit in my room is not cooling. There is a green light that comes on when it is working OK but that light won't come on and the timer light continues to indicate as the unit won't work.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, thanks for the information.The problem is with the printed circuit board or the thermistor (temperature sensor) attached to the cooling coil the unit in your room. The chance that is the case are in the 90% range. There is about a 5% chance that replugging all of the connectors in your unit will solve the problem... there is another 5% chance that the solenoid valve that allows refrigerant flow from the unit outside to the unit in your room is defective. This is not something that more than 1 in several hundred home owners could fix themselves, if you that that is the case in your situation, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will see if I can find a list of well rated companies that might take a service call on the unit. (not a lot of companies have men trained to work on those). Let me know, we can go from there. I am off to bed shortly, if you miss me tonight I will pick your response up first thing in the morning. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am presently in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, CyberJaya to be precise, I will be happy if you can further help me with this situation...
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
Call these people, ask them to connect you to their nearest office.
http://www.aaa.my/
+60 3-4045 5090
These are the largest in the area, and most likely best able to fix your particular air conditioner.
Give them a call, let me know how it goes.
...............
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.
.