airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Code 24 on Bryant unit

Customer Question

Code 24 on Bryant unit
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.If fuse is blowing we have a direct short in control wire or one of the components.Locating a short will often require blowing several fuses until we determine what is causing it to blow.If unit will run for a period of time before shorting that tells us that something is changing ,otherwise it would blow immediately,
First thing I would look for is a control wire that may be touching a hot gas line which would only short when sheathing heats up or touching metal somewhere that occasionally vibrates against metal. We can go from here if you want guidance in troubleshooting.