Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

Omg I'm so frustrated. I have a York 800 Diamond. No air is

Customer Question

Omg I'm so frustrated. I have a York 800 Diamond. No air is blowing from the vents. I have replaced the capacitor indoor and outside and the blower motor. Still no luck. The blower motor not turning on. Could it be the control board?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! I'm sorry for your frustration! I know the angst of trying and trying with no joy! To answer your question, yes, it could be the furnace control board. That is not an uncommon failure at all. However, it could be a few other things as well. This kind of problem is best diagnosed with a volt meter. Do you have a meter and knowledge of its use? If you don't, you can buy one cheap at Wal Mart or any big box improvement store for about $20. I can help you probe the points needed to find your issue. Thanks,Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a volt meter but I can buy one tomorrow. Heck or tonight. ;) It's going to be a hot day tomorrow. I actually had an electrician (Not HVAC) guy replace the blower motor and capacitors. He tested the power coming into the unit and going out to the outside unit. There is power there.
Ok, when you get a meter and if you're comfortable carefully taking readings in the furnace with the power on, I can definitely help you find the culprit with no more guesswork! That's good that you know you have good power to the furnace. The furnace is where everything starts. All the low voltage for starting everything, including your outdoor unit, comes from the furnace. I'm usually on until midnight EDT or a little later so if you get a meter relatively quickly tonight I'll be around til then. -Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will see if my neighbor has one. If not I will message you in the morning. What time are you back on?! It's gonna be hot as hades tomorrow!
You're most welcome :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Something like this photo?
Yes, that meter is more than enough! I'm usually on from noon til midnight ish EDT.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will let you know in the morning/noon. Much appreciated. Stay tuned ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry hit wrong button. No need for phone call this eve. Sorry for inconvenience.
Yeah that's been happening a lot lately! I had already declined the offer to check with you first. Don't be alarmed if it shows temporarily on your card. Since I didn't accept the request, it won't get charged!
And you're very welcome. Sometimes I'm online a little earlier than that if I think a customer may be waiting. I send a message when I get online. Thanks, -Brian
Good morning! I'm online reply back when you're ready to do some troubleshooting!Thanks, -Brian