Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm stumped..5ton 3 phase trane unit with r410 125psig on suction

Customer Question

I'm stumped..5ton 3 phase trane unit with r410 125psig on suction and 450 head but blows 80degree air? Building is real hot just happened from one day to the next
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! So, you have a low suction pressure, a normal head pressure for a load that high, a warm building and an 80* supply air. What is the superheat and subcool? You could have developed a leak, it could be low. There may be a restriction in the metering device (TXV plugged? Common occurrence these days!). But without knowing subcool and superheat, it's hard for me to tell what's going on. If you can get the subcool and superheat and post back, it will give me a much clearer indication. Thanks,Brian