Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am on the board of a 25 unit condo complex . We have 11

Customer Question

I am on the board of a 25 unit condo complex . We have 11 heat pumps installed in a 1906 mansion. This winter we had severe problems with snow accumulation in and around the units, cold temperatures and continuous breakdowns forced several residents to install space heaters to sat warm. The board is looking for a Lennox factory rep. to visit our site at Cochichewick Dr, in North Andover, Ma. to help us put a remedial plan together. A HVAC consultant has seen the units and recommended we see you first as it appears many of the units are install improperly and performing under spec.
My cell is(###) ###-####and my name is***** if you wish to call rather than type a lot.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not heard a word.; Please reply
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, i am researching your system issues, I need another 5 minutes or so. I will have some questions for you.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, tell me please how long these units have been installed... and if they had worked in earlier years or not. I will be happy to locate a Lennox factory rep for you, that is all done through one of your local Lennox dealers... it will be best if we type back and for here for a bit so that I can get the lay of the land so to speak first. The biggest problem faced with retrofits into older buildings is not enough room to fit sufficiently large air ducts. I strongly suspect that is the situation here. Retrofit solutions can be expensive. If you can tell me a lot about how the building is constructed, how many floors, where the current AC units are located and if there is a basement or not we can discuss some of those options.