Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Replacing Honeywell thermostat with eco bee. My colors are

Customer Question

Replacing Honeywell thermostat with eco bee. My colors are yellow, purple, grey and red. Would Purple be my common wire. What is the grey wire for.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Did you take a picture of where wires went on the Honeywell or can you tell me what color went to what terminal?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I have got to go on a call in the field.I will open to other experts while gone and check in as soon as I return to see if you got taken care of.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I took pictures. Purple went to C or G. Can't tell letter for sure....yellow went to Y...red went to r and jumped together withRH ...there is not a letter associated with the grey wire. There is a blue wire that is cut and not connected. And appears to be a black wire cut short and not connected either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you back.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.What is the model of your EcoBee. Does this thermostat serve a gas furnace, boiler, or what?