airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Is there a fee service?. I have a RiteTemp 6080

Customer Question

Is there a fee for his service?.
I have a RiteTemp 6080 thermostat. It has always functioned fine until we had a power outage for over 24 hrs. After power back on, display not totally functioning. Appears that the # ***** isn't complete. Put new batteries in 3 times, to be sure it's not battery problem. The display is not funtioning, Where time of day is displayed, it shows only L10,=0, etc Have tried several times reprogramming it, but always end up in cool setting,temp inside house shows a 7 Fahren. Can you assist me with this.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the multiple questions all basically the same.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.It sounds like the thermostat may have taken a surge and will have to be replaced.Before replacing I would try a couple of things. First if you have a C wire, remove the batteries and disconnect the C wire for 15 minutes ,then install new batteries and reconnect C wire. If that does not help,
There is one trick I have seen work to reset these digital thermostats that works sometimes. That is to remove batteries and install them backwards for 5 seconds, Then remove and install properly,If this does not reset the little computer board in the thermostat you will need to replace the thermostat.
Note: Occasionally , this will not work and will even cause thermostat to start smoking.If so simply remove batteries.If thermostat is not working already, it is worthless anyway, so no harm done .I have seen it work about 20 per cent of the time. So if that is something you are comfortable doing would try it.Could save you having to buy another thermostat.Otherwise, just go ahead and replace it.