Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an REAB 1425 J electric heater in the attic. I was

Customer Question

I have an REAB 1425 J electric heater in the attic. I was told its an 1983 model. the drain pan under evaporator coil is rusted thru, dripping water into larger pan and continually cutting off. can i get a replacement pan for it. dimensions are approx 15 1/2 x 21 x 1" deep.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your evaporator coil. To answer your question, no, there are no parts available anymore for this old evaporator coil. For two reasons: 1) most evaporator coils have the pan as an integral part of the coil. Although I've heard of a few instances where the pan was available separately, this unit is not one of them, and even if it was, this unit is over 20 years old and the part would be obsolete. 2) any parts for this have been discontinued.The good news is there are some options left. You could order a new R22 coil and replace the whole coil. R22 coils are still around (although becoming harder to find, since R22 is phasing out). The other option would be to take some accurate measurements of the pan itself and have a local sheet metal shop fabricate a new pan to fit on your coil. This would certainly be cheaper than replacing the whole coil.