Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My unit in out. A red light flashing on thermostat. It is a Lenox unit. I turned things of

Customer Question

My unit in out. A red light flashing on thermostat. It is a Lenox unit. I turned things off at the thermostat to reset but still not cooling. Any ideas? Blowing by not cooling.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks, if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter , there are a limited number of things we can check if you are able to do a visual inspection and can do some hands on troubleshooting.Please let me know and we can go from here.
PLease provide model on thermostat ,indoor unit and outdoor unit and we will see what we can do.